Site Stuff

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thunderstruck Part 2

"Where are we going?" The kid asked, a worried expression on his face.

"Hiding." I answered sternly. I parked the car next to bar and stepped out with the kid.

"Were in a rush, kid. I think they're still chasing us." I whispered, holding the door open to the bar.

"Don't call me kid. I have a name, you know. It's Reynard." He back-talked. The small Kee's grimy face scrunched a bit.

"Well, Reynard. Just try not to be a smart-ass like that again, okay?"

The bar had a musky smell mixed with alchohol and cigarettes. The lighting was dim, except for an orange ambient emitting from the bar. The customers were rowdy and masculine. Some talked loudly with comrads, sharing stories and dirty jokes. Others stared at me, trying to look impressive or cool.

I grabbed Reynard's hand, in hopes they would think I was married. I approached the bar tender, who was lean and skinny Nimee with a scraggly beard.

"May I have a mug of wine." I ordered, talking as quick as I can. The bartender nodded and grabbed a red wine bottle off the shelf.

Someone behind me grabbed my shoulder and swiveled me around. The man behind me was a muscular and painted all over with tattoos. His grin was missing a few pieces, the cigar fit perfectly through a gaping whole.

"Hey pretty, why don't you come over and talk with my friends?" He flirted, his voice cracking like a drought.

"Get your hand off my shoulder." I snapped frostly.

"Look's like we got a fiesty one." He laughed, his friends laughing at the table where he sat. The man picked me up off the floor and began carrying me over to the table. I reached for my pocket, hoping my pocket-knife was still there, but his beefy arm blocked the way.

"Hey, put her down!" Someone called out. The man turned around to face his opponent, a lean, young Forrel like me.

"Roan, no one needs to here your preachings." The man chuckled.

Raon grabbed a mug off someone's table and smashed it a top of the man's head. The man fell to the floor unconsious, freeing me from the awful grasp. Everyone got quiet, staring at the motionless body on the floor.

I stood up, dusted myself, and walked over to the bartender, "Thank you for the wine."

"It's on me." He politly answered.

I walked out with Reynard to the car outside, the huge mug in my hands.

"That was crazy." Reynard muttered, shocked.

"First lesson, never drink." I replied coolly, pouring wine all over the car. Roan walked through the door's of the bar, immediatly looking at me.

"Are you alright?" He checked.

"I'm fine." I answered quietly, trying to make him leave.

"Sorry about waht happened there."

"You didn't do anything wrong."

"Seriously, I think I've seen you somewhere."

I went grim for a second, but then realized something, "If you're trying to hook up with me, you bette stop now."

"What?! No, it's-"

"Look, I have important things to do then flirt around with you. So if you excuse yourself and leave, that would just awesome."

He paused, "I have seen you before... I know it."

"Now, your just being weird."

"Mercenary! You're a Mer-" I cupped his mouth just before he said anything else.

"Do you want to kill me?" I seethed, "I am porbably the most wanted on Belial's list!"

"I just think it's cool." He muttered, muffled under my hand.

I took my hand off of his mouth, thinking about what to do with him.

"Listen," I began, "I can join me, if that's what you want. But you have to endure, many treacherous dangers and... painful wounds."

He scoffed, "I've been through worse then what you're thinking."

"I hope you are." The epiphany popped in my head as we were driving, I need to find a certain city, a much diverse city. This city had something I needed to end this reign of terror Belial is causing, including the wars, massacres, and the whole bunch of other felonies. The thing is, the city I need is blocked by a hell-hole of the god knows what, but that's not going to stop me.

"We need to get ready," I commanded, "Do you have a match?" I asked Raon. He pulled a matchbox out of his pocket. I struck a few matchs and set them on the hood of the car. The car slowly lit up, growing into a huge fire.

"Let's go."

© Bud Williams/Electro Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment